Although homeowners rely on their heating and air conditioning systems to keep their homes comfortable year round, many neglect changing the air filter and/or routine maintenance. Expecting your HVAC system to function without properly maintaining it often leads to emergency situations such as a broken heating system in the middle of winter.
The best way to prevent emergencies with your heating or air conditioning is to have the units regularly serviced. Routine cleanings, filter changes, service and repairs will extend the life of the equipment and keep your family healthy and comfortable no matter what the temperature is outside.
To ensure proper operation of your HVAC equipment, Compass Energy offers Preventative Maintenance Agreements tailored for your system. Having your heating system serviced at least once a year will optimize your HVAC system for efficiency and potentially prevent emergency situations from developing. In addition to servicing the equipment, these types of maintenance allow the service technicians to identify any other issues and repair them before they become larger problems.
Through our Preventative Maintenance Agreement, we developed an affordable way to keep your HVAC system serviced and running effectively. During your scheduled visit, our certified technicians will document any potential issues that may cause problems to your HVAC system down the road, just like a regular check-up with your doctor. You will realize the savings by keeping your system operating to its most efficient capacity. Should your HVAC system need to be replaced or upgraded, we offer manufacturer discounts and/or financing options.
If you are looking to upgrade or replace your home comfort system, Compass Energy offers FREE WRITTEN ESTIMATES and NO HIDDEN FEES. For more information, please contact us.
Serving Southern Delaware, Wicomico County, Worcester County and Talbot County, MD
Our Services Include:
- HVAC Installation and Sales
- Routine Cleanings
- Filter Changes
- Service and Repairs
- Free Estimates
- Preventative Maintenance Agreement (Click to Download)
- 24 Hour Emergency Services
- Windows and doors are usually the source of the greatest heat loss in the home. Consider addressing those items and ensure your home is sufficiently insulated, especially in the attic.
- contact us to have your furnace tuned and serviced annually. Never let your fuel oil tank fall below 1/8 full.
- Consider installing an automatic thermostat to lower the heat when you’re not at home and at night. Lowering the heat to 60 degrees at night can save you up to 20% on your oil bill.
- Close the damper in the fireplace when not in use.
- Open drapes, blinds and curtains during the day to let the sun in and close them at night to keep the heat in.
- If you have ceiling fans, reverse the direction of the blades to push the head toward the ceiling and back down the walls in the winter time.
- Repair any hot water leaks in your faucets; run your dishwasher and clothes washer with full loads only.
- When it snows, please provide a path to your fuel pipe so that our drivers have easy and safe access. Also make sure that any vents on your heating appliances are clear of snow.
- A full, or practically full, tank of fuel oil provides the greatest protection against the high moisture content of the summer air that will condense inside your tank.